Friday, April 5, 2013

Clet Abraham

Wandering around Florence I started to notice some street signs that had different figures comically printed on them. I began to take pictures of them every time that I encountered one. Luckily, my photography teacher knew of the artist and I was able to put a name to the street art.
Clet Abraham is a French artist that moved to Italy over 20 years ago, but just recently came to Florence because he was able to purchase a studio.
At first glance his work might just seem random, but in fact each design has been cleverly done to explore different themes in a playful manner. His art is actually just stickers that he creates in his studio and pastes onto the signs, monuments, etc..so he does not ruin the 'canvas'.
This clever, creative, yet respectful street artist has an awesome view of life and I had the opportunity to meet with him earlier this week. Of course I had to buy a Clet souvenir T-Shirt.

Here are a couple samples of his work that I took photos of.




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms82qdGoOUs

1 comment: